Hello, welcome back to the blog toady. I have something pretty exciting that I am sharing with you all today. Valentines Cake Pops! now I am no professional baker but I did love the way they came out they tasted great. Also I used the best sprinkles from Sprinkle Pop. I have used their sprinkles in several blog post in the past, Halloween Cake Pops, Fourth of July Cupcakes. Their sprinkles are awesome and all different kind of mixtures and some dedicated to holidays.
Classic White Cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 organic cane sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 1/4 cups flour (sifted)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan or Sea Salt
- Turn your oven on to 400 Fahrenheit and have one 9″ baking pan ready.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together and set it aside for later use.
- Mix the butter and sugar together on medium until thoroughly mixed together.
- You can add in your eggs slowly until all incorporated. You may need to stop mixing to scrape down any of the mixture that gets pushed to the top of the mixer bowl. You can add in your almond extract now and do one last mix.
- One this is all mixed you can now add in your milk and flour mixture alternating each little by little until it has all been added.
- Add your mixture to the cake pan and place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until you have a clean toothpick through it.
- Once done let it cool before you do anything with the cake.
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1-11/2 cup of sifted powder sugar
- 1 TBSP heavy cream
- Start mixing your butter on a low speed
- Make sure to sift your powdered sugar, I made that mistake the first time. Add in little by little until its all gone.
- Then add in your heavy cream, you’ll need to take a break from mixing to scrape down all mixture that has been brought to the top of the mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly one more time.
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1-2 TBSP heavy cream
- 1/2 cup- 1 cup Guittard white chocolate
- Once your cake is cooled you will need to mix it up. I just put on some gloves and “ripped” it up by hand.
- Then add in your buttercream frosting which will help your cake pops stick together. If you need more frosting you can then add in the rest of your frosting.
- Use the heart molds/cookie cutters to shape the cake pops, place your cake pop sticks then I like to freeze them for about an hour before I add the chocolate on top.
- I used fresh strawberry puree, blended a few strawberries with water and the strained the seeds out, to color the white chocolate instead of food coloring. This gave me more of a light pink color, if you would like something darker I saw that beets can give you more of a red color.
- I boiled some water in a pot then placed a glass bowl over it with my white chocolate, half the heavy cream, strawberry puree. Whisk it until it is all mixed together and you can now cover you cake pops with the icing and then place your sprinkles however you would like. Let them dry and serve!!
I hope you enjoy these and get to have some fun delicious bites for anytime. You can make these for any holiday and customize the colors to what you need them for.
I wanted to also share this cute sign I got from a company called Against The Grain, it’s a small family business and they do awesome wood cuts for different holidays and hopefully they will being taking customizations again soon.
Thank you all for coming to the blog today and hopefully you can make these are get some of these awesome products I have shared with you all. If you do make them let me know I would love to see what you come up with.
Leave a Reply