Hello you all, I hope you are all doing well doing this delicate and trying time in our lives. This is a period in time where we are all learning different ways to really stay home and go out for only the essential things. I am already a work at home mom with my business Beautycounter. I did go to culinary school so I love cooking, but i can say it is very difficult to cook every meal athome. Would be so much easier if I had someone who did my dishes too lol.
I haven’t been doing a lot of recipe experimenting or as I would say perfecting. I have been wanting to really put my Charro beans on the blog. So that is what I did this past weekend. I come from a hispanic family so of course I have eaten Charro beans and have really grown to appreciate them more as I got older. So I have decided to perfect this recipe for you all and for my family. So I will just dive right in and start this great recipe.
A Few tips that I would like to share, wash your beans, use fresh for your vegetables if possible. Taste so much better with everything fresh and I try to stay away from canned food. I do understand easy and whatever is easiest for you is best.
- 1/2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1-2 Whole Fresh Jalapeños depending on your spiciness and what you like
- 1/2 Cup Red Onions Diced
- 1 tsp Fresh Garlic- chopped
- 1/2 package Bacon just in small pieces
- 2 Cups of Pinto Beans- Rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 2 TSP Salt/Pepper Each
- 1/2 TSP garlic powder
- 1 TSP Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 8-10 cups of water give or take.
- Grab a pot and turn your heat on to medium. Add in your EVOO to coat the bottom of the pot.
- Add your whole Jalapeño and let it char the outside from the heat. Once its charred remove from heat and set it aside for later.
- Add in your onions and cook for 3-5 minutes until translucent.
- Add in your fresh garlic for 1-2 minutes stirring once
- Add in you bacon and turn the heat lower and cook all ingredients for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Chop your jalapeño into small pieces and place in your mix.
- Add in your beans and then top with water to cover the beans.
- Cover and let simmer for about hour.
- After the hour add in your seasoning and add in more water if needed.
- Keep cooking on low for 4-6 hours stirring occasionally. You might need to add more water at times.
- About 30 minutes before serving add in your butter, tomatoes, & cilantro.
- Serve as a side dish or as the main dish.
- Enjoy 🙂
Thank you for coming here and checking out my recipe. I hope you all enjoy this recipe. Please all stay safe and be mindful 🙂
Leave a Reply