Hey y’all, I am back today with another pleated skirt. These are so perfect for the holiday season. I am also sharing this outfit with my mission with Beautycounter. I have shared about my mission before on here briefly but I wanted to share a little bit more about that & why I share this mission so much.
If you have read my blog you know about our son Kai, and his conditions. If not you can read the latest update about him HERE. So I actually found Beautycounter a few months before I got pregnant with Kai, as I was already on a the clean living path. I was ecstatic when I found Beautycounter when I heard a consultant talking about them and what pulled me in is the mission. At Beautycounter our mission is to get Cleaner products into the hands of everyone. I learned many things upon joining and I still am. Here are a few things I learned.
- Fragrance is a trade secret by the FDA. Companies can put fragrance on their ingredients list but do not have to disclose what ingredients make up that word “fragrance” it could be up to 3,000 chemicals.
- Not all chemicals are bad, and not all natural products are good for you. Ex- Poison Ivy is natural but you won’t see me trying to use it in my skincare.
- I learned to search my ingredients and check everything I use and what I had been putting on my skin and my families skin. Let’s just say I was amazed. I use Envirmonenrtal Working Group www.EWG.org to check ingredients
- The last major cosmetics law that was passed may congress was in 1938, and it is regulated by 2 pages.
- The U.S. has only banned 30 harmful ingredients, Canada has banned around 600, the U.K. has banned around 1,400.
These are just some of the things I have learned among many others!
Recently our CEO went to a meeting at congress on SUBCOMMITTEE ON HEALTH OF THE U.S. HOUSE COMMITTEE ON ENERGY AND COMMERCE ON“Building Consumer Confidence by Empowering the FDA to Improve Cosmetic Safety”
You can see her testimony HERE.
I hope that by reading this much so far it may have opened some of your eyes. I am going to post some photos here that are some things I didn’t know before I found Beautycounter.
Beautycounter is more to me than just selling products. It is about change, advocating, and wanting better. I hope that if you have read this far that you learned something. I hope that I can help you in some way. I took this picture for the Holidays but I replicated an awesome fashion girl I had made from Lacee Swan. I wanted to showcase a cute outfit while also sharing my Clean Beauty Business. I would love to chat with anyone who has questions or would love to know more about the products. You can shop my Beautycounter page HERE.
Skirt- Exact, Shirt- Exact, Shoes- Similar, Makeup- Beautycounter
You can shop my other items I have on in this photo by clicking HERE. Thank you all for stopping by the blog today and checking out my post. I am so glad you made it here and hope you continue to support my little space.
[…] check all my ingredients in products that I buy. You can read a little bit more about Beautycounter HERE and why I chose to get in on the business side. I would love to grow a team with me this year and […]