Updated* The exact sprinkles I used are not in stock anymore but around the holiday they usually have dedicated mixes for that holiday or you can customize!! Still visit their site for the rest of their cute sprinkles.
Hey y’all it’s been a while but I’m here cause I was able to choose sprinkles of my liking from SprinklePop & I chose Old Glory II. I mean can I just say cute! I decided to make some red velvet cupcakes & I cheated a little on the icing which is store bought. I’m just a little tapped out on time! Kai is still in the hospital but he’s definitely progressing which is amazing! I post regularly on his Facebook. So the batch I made for the cupcakes can make about 24 cupcakes so you’re more than welcome to half this recipe or I just froze half of it & used the next time I made felt like making cupcakes again!
Red Velvet Cupcakes
3 1/2 cups of Flour (sifted)
3/4 Cup unsalted stick butter (Room Temperature)
2 1/2 Cup Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 1/2 Cups of buttermilk
1 1/2 TBSP Red food coloring – you can add more if you’re like
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tsp Almond Extract
3 TBSP Cocoa Powder
1 Tsp Salt
1Tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 Tsp White Vinegar
Cream Cheese Frosting- So I cheated & got the store brand just cause it made it a bit easier.
1. Combine Butter & sugar, mix on medium for about 5 minutes.
2. Add your eggs to the mixture one at a time while still mixing. Add in both vanilla and almond extract and mix on medium for about 2-3 minutes. You’ll want to stop and push the extra mixture from the sides down.
3. Add the Cocoa powder to your mixture and mix on medium, while that’s still mixing add your salt & food coloring. Mix for about 2 more minutes.
4. Slowly add in 1/3 of your flour & then 1/3 of your buttermilk. Keep alternating each ingredient until you’ve added all the flour and buttermilk! Make sure to clean the sides again! Give it a mix on medium for another 1- 2 minutes.
5. Start your oven and put it to bake and 350 Fahrenheit. Line your cupcake tin with cupcake liners then spray with non stick spray. Pour your batter about 3/4 full and once you’ve completed this then tap the bottom of the pan against the counter to get rid of any air bubbles. Bake in the over for about 16-18 minutes. You can check the cupcakes with a toothpick and they are done once the toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let your cupcakes cool. Use a star tip and a baking pastry bag to coat your cupcakes starting from the outside towards the center going up. Then sprinkle your sprinkles on top & serve!
Thanks for stopping by the blog today I hope you enjoy making some cupcakes!
[…] Sprinkle Pop. I have used their sprinkles in several blog post in the past, Halloween Cake Pops, Fourth of July Cupcakes. Their sprinkles are awesome and all different kind of mixtures and some dedicated to […]